Friday 27 September 2013

Golden Bellied Flyeater - Heard but not seen

Five shrill notes of different pitches 
sounding a lot like a naughty child 
imploring you...

Golden bellied Flyeater (Gerygone sulphurea)

I hear this bird's unique call every morning - right from around 5:45 am. I have been hearing it anonymously (a lot like hearing a tune without knowing who sang it or what it is called ) for quiet some time.

That was, until today, when I chanced upon the identity of this hitherto unknown mystery singer, quiet by accident, on the internet (Bird call here  with the best You tube video here).


Image source : Ten most common urban birds

A.k.a : Gerygone sulphurea
Size : Terribly small - some guides to spot it can be found here  as per birdwatch Philippines (I wonder if I will be able to ever spot it!)
Bird call : Here on Xeno canto


Hungry for more images? 
More information on Golden bellied fly eater (also known as the melody queen!) :

No comments:

Post a Comment